The application period for the 2018 season will open in September 2017 for a limited time.
When your application is processed you will be contacted by our office and invited for interview, this may take some time so please bear with us.
Interviews will take place in the Sunshine office in Sean MacDermott Street on Saturdays in October, November and early December.
Thank You for your interest in Sunshine House.
The Volunteers’ Department
Do you fancy joining a team of 15-20 like-minded people to look after 80-100 children for a whole week? From getting them up in the mornings to telling them bedtime stories at night and entertaining them in between, you will be with the children all day, except for your own mealtimes.
For each volunteer that signs up, we can invite eight more children on a holiday. So if you are over 18 and up to the challenge, you can begin your application right now.
How to become a volunteer with the Sunshine Fund:
1. Fill out an application form
- Fill out our online application form here and just click submit.
- Download our application form as a Microsoft Word document, fill it in and email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us on 01-8198431 or email us at email@example.com and we will email you an application form.
- Please note that all applicants must provide two Referees.
- Our Volunteer’s Department will contact you shortly after receiving your application form to arrange an interview at our head office in SVP House.
- This interview should last about 30 minutes.
- You should bring photographic ID with you (e.g. passport, driver’s license).
- The information you provide on your application form will be discussed with you and we will tell you more about the commitment you will be making. We will also answer your questions and ensure that you have all the information you need about our holidays, code of conduct and child protection requirements.
- This is a formal interview so please come prepared.no
3. Garda Vetting Process
- All new applicants to volunteer with the Sunshine Fund must complete a Garda Vetting form and have this submitted to An Garda Síochána for checking.
- Only applicants who have successfully completed the vetting process will be allowed on to the holiday.
- The process is completed totally independently of the Sunshine Fund by designated persons approved by An Garda Síochána.
3. Child Protection Training Course
- All volunteers must complete a Child Protection Training course prior to securing a place on our holiday programme.
- We will invite you to an induction session prior to the arrival of the boys and girls on the holiday programmes. This gives volunteers an opportunity to get to know each other, the layout of the facilities, our care policies and where they fit into the programme. We will explain how to organise games and motivate our young guests. Your role will be further explained.
The process can take some time so we urge you to apply as soon as possible to guarantee a week in Sunshine.
If you have any questions or would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact us. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as we can but please note that our office is manned by volunteers.
Please feel free to download our Volunteers Handbook for more information.