How the nomination process for a holiday in the Sunshine House works:
1. January to April: your child’s name is sent to Sunshine by either:
- Your local Vincent de Paul
- Your social worker (if you have one)
- Your school (if your school is in our schools’ programme)
Please note: We don’t take names from parents or guardians directly!
2. February to April: we add all the names into the computer
- Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All names have to be sent in to us by the middle of April.
- Please don’t ring us to check what’s happened to your child’s name because we’re really busy typing over 2000 names in!
3. May onwards: we give most children one month’s notice of their holiday dates
- From the beginning of May, letters go out every week telling you when your holiday will take place.
- You must send the confirmation slip at the bottom of the letter back to us before the deadline written on it, or we’ll give your place away.
- Unfortunately, if these dates don’t suit you, we cannot offer you any other dates.
4. When you’ve returned your slip
- One week before your holiday is due to begin, we send out yellow invitation cards in the post.
- It should arrive on a Monday or Tuesday before your holiday starts
5. Some children whose names are received last are given places at the last minute, so will get a yellow invitation card without a month’s notice.
6. If you haven’t heard from us by the end of July
- Call us to find out what’s happening with your application.
- At this stage we’ll know if your child is on a waiting list or was too late to get a place this year.